View Single Post
Old 02-02-2009, 01:52 AM
GailG

Originally Posted by weezie
YES, you all are brilliant! I have a Janome 11000 for which I bought (separately) a rather expensive stitch-in-the-ditch foot and I was surprised to find that, when using this foot, my stitching was just to the right of the seamline stitches. I thought this was not right because I was under the impression the stitches should be right on top of the seam stitches. I am SOOOO glad to hear that I was wrong about that and that my stitch-in-the-ditch foot exactly does what it's supposed to do! Thank you!
Me too. Hahaha. All this time, I've been moving the needle to stitch over the stitches. :oops:

This is something I've used and it works out great. One of Alex Anderson's guests on Simply Quilts had showed the "wobbly stitch." It's the narrowest zig-zag that your machine will make. It's barely a zig-zag at all -- just kind "off" being straight. Well, it works well for the times you just can't go "straight between the piecing." It kinda catches on both sides. I did a whole quilt with that stitch using a neutral thread. Worked out well. :wink: