View Single Post
Old 03-10-2011, 06:50 AM
sassey

I have not ever completed a quilt but however have pieced 3 quilt tops so far, all of them far from perfect. I also live in an mother in laws apt in my sons house ,he has 2 stepdaughters 1 which still lives at home. In the 3 years I have lived their she has barley ever talked to me. well to make a long story short I heard she was going through a bit of depression so last Friday I said to her I heard you always wanted to learn to quilt, I am teaching myself, with the help of my internet friends why don't you come down stairs with me and maybe we can learn together. She only replied well I don't know we will have to see, so imagined how surprised I was when she knocked on my door Monday morning. She choose a pattern and then I invited her to shop my stash and she choose her fabric and we got started. It has been an exciting journey for both of us. We are sort of bonding at last, Her piecing is very good and she has a wonderful eye for color.
And I am getting some small projects done due to her motivating me. I have made a table topper and some placemats plus free motioned guilted on the table topper. This is a major brake through for me this girl has been in my family for 12 years and finally we are becoming friends. She is very shy and withdrawn so this has been good for her as well.I would love to post pictures but my camera was recently stolen so I cant post pics