Thread: WalMart
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2007, 04:43 AM
live2teach

Originally Posted by plfreitag
They also forget that there are people out there who still sew and craft and do things like that and that we like being able to go to one place and get our things, and, if you live in the boonies like I do, not having to drive 40 miles to get to a fabric store or pay $7 and up for shipping is a nice thing. I think they're going to lose a lot of customers when this all comes down. If it comes to it, I'll alter my budget somehow and do my food and medication and craft shopping in other places, though it might be tough.

Trisha in MO

I agree, I live out in what people tend to call "God's Country". From my house to get to the closest and cheapest fabric store (walmart) is about 45 minutes. I also do all of my grocery shopping there too at the same time. I don't get to go over there very often b/c of school, work, etc., so when I do go, I buy alot of fabric. It is the cheapest I have found and it is so handy. I completely understand what you mean. If this walmart takes out their fabric, I will also change where I shop and alter my budget to be able to go somewhere else. There is a Walmart about an hour and 15 minutes away that is starting to sell more food but it isn't a super walmart yet, their goal is to turn it into one, but they haven't. As for the fabric, this Walmart is supposed to be one of the "ones" that is keeping their fabric, however, there isn't a large selection of material. Everytime I've been there, I haven't found the type of material I am looking for. Whereas, most of the time the other one does. There is a local woman that is supposed to be opening a quilt shop here in Sutton, which is like 15-20 min from my house. If her prices aren't too much higher than Wal-Mart and it would equal out in gas, I will stick to shopping there. Wal-Mart is definitely going to lose alot of customers when they get rid of all of their fabric departments.