View Single Post
Old 03-10-2011, 09:21 AM
SNAIL

Originally Posted by shequilts
Thanks to everyone for all the good wishes and thoughts for my ailing Bernina. It's so good to have friends who really care in times of trouble.
I'm happy to report that my baby is now home. In fact, she's rather feisty since her return. She has a smile I haven't seen for a while and it makes me happy to hear her "run."
The bad news is; I've subsequently been named "worst mother of the year." It seems she was suffering from
"malnutrition" and "lint balls."
She was given a transfusion of lubricant and had some minor surgery to remove impacted fuzzies. :oops:

I've been placed on probation until I can demonstrate
proper care for my beloved, and I must read a chapter from the Bernina Owner's Manual everyday for a week.
I may be subjected to unannounced home visits for random inspections of my baby's care. Whew!
Now in a serious vein: My poor Bernina merely needed cleaning and oil. I had not taken her for a tune up for two years. My lint removal evidently was not suffricient.
A most interesting fact is that I had sewn 4,475,487 stitches since her last tune up. I guess Bernina's really do last forever!
LOVE THE STORY YOU WERE TELLING..IT WAS GREAT..GLAD SHE IS HAPPY AND YOU ARE TOO. HAVE FUN.