View Single Post
Old 03-10-2011, 11:36 AM
Dingle

Last fall I bought a Domestic (1943) at a Church sale for $20.00. Came with all the attachments and has a knee lift. (That will take some getting use to) I haven't had a chance to try it out yet because the cabinet needs to be re-finished. My Dad came over while I was at work and took the machine out and took off with the cabinet to re-do it. Didn't even give me a chance to check it out. It sure is pretty. Looks like it was hardly used and is pretty clean. :thumbup: Weighs a ton.

A couple months ago Dad picked me up a Montgomery Ward machine. $10.00. Looks alot like the other one. Also looks like it was hardly used. Problem is I can find no info out on this machine at all. I need a bobbin case, power cord, foot pedal and manuel. I know it was made by the National Sewing Co. but that's all I have. I can't get any hits using the serial number. It will be a real shame if I can never get this one going. I would hate to scrap it. :thumbdown: The thing I like about these 2 machines is they are so basic and I'm sure they would sew wonderfully.