View Single Post
Old 03-10-2011, 12:10 PM
Sheila_H

I had a stroke last March actually next week it will be a year, I had no warnings I was in trouble until almost too late. Stayed home from work I had a migraine took some meds and lied down. Wasn't dizzy, I just felt off not my usual self. Sent my DH a text I was going out to run a couple of errands. Bent down to tie my sneakers and I couldn't set my left hand to function. Made my way back to the couch and then felt my heart racing and I couldn't control my left hand. Dialed 911 and when the operator came on I couldn't speak, thankfully I called from the house phone and it automatically displays my address. Sent a text to my DH - stroke
I had a CVA stroke a blood clot in the brain, no idea where or how it happened I was 46 in great health. Now I'm classified as being physically disabled, I still have weakness down my left side, the majority of my speech is back. So now whenever I get a bad headache I'm doing a mental check of the symptoms are they back?
I pretty much quilt with my right hand to keep the shakes and tremors down on the left hand. I was determined to not let the stroke or the after effects to not allow me to enjoy a hobby. So for me finishing my 1st quilt was a huge event for me it took me over a year to do it but I'm glad I did.