Old 03-10-2011, 01:05 PM
kwendt

Hi all.... I've been lurking for the last couple weeks....

NICE machines and nice cabinets coming to new, appreciative homes!!!! Whooo hoo!

Okay, it's time for me to brag a bunch now... lol.

Here's what I picked up recently in the last 3 weeks:

A pristine 403, with all original attachements, cams, books, buttonholer, hemstitcher, and extra cams too. PLUS... case and plus... the matching Metal legged Card Table to fit it. All for $75, which is a great price for down here. Not a spec of rust. I know that it's not as 'nice' as the 401 or the Rocketeer 500's; but I like it and it works like blazes. The card table is REALLY cool. If you don't have one... GET one. They made them to fit various machines. Mine still has the original instruction page glued to the backside, the wood insert and all rails. Solid. Seems folks like the metal legged tables better than the wood leg ones. Certainly, the one I found... could likely withstand anything short of a house fire or a nuke. lol...

Found another, pristine black 301 shortbed.... no rust. Came with cradle still stuck to it, stuffed with all attachments and buttonholer, books, some other fancy stuff that I don't know what it is... It's pristine, except that the power cord was cut. No big thing. easy to replace. No rust and no nasty white metal rot either. Paid through the nose for it... $175, but it was worth it to me. It will fit just nicely in the trapazoid cabinet once that's re finished.

My other, older 301, that has the rust lightly through out and the quarter-sized spot of white aluminum spauling on the base... well. That's prob. going to Goodwill. Unless someone wants it from this list (just pay the shipping). It didn't come with any attachments...

No treadles yet. I do have three possible treadle heads (converting back to treadle the 66, and two 27s.)