View Single Post
Old 03-10-2011, 02:07 PM
Lacelady
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Lacelady
Originally Posted by Cre8tvlwyr
My book is on its way from Amazon ....I need another project like a HIH [hole in head] but.... lookin forward to it!!
Lesley - I have to ask if you know any Sheridans up there? My dear dear friend 'Uncle Father John V. Sheridan' just passed here a few months ago. I could swear he said his family came from area where Yeats was - I know he was a terrific Yeats fan as was Mary Campbell. Names sound familiar??

btw - I see many of you referring by 1st name - mine's Monica
Hi, Monica, no the names aren't familiar to me, but then I am UK born, and have only lived here since 2000. I will ask my Sligo quilting friends when I see them on Thursday at our meeting. The church where Yeats is buried is just north of Sligo and very popular with visitors.
Monica, you asked about Fr. Sheridan and Mary Campbell. I asked my Sligo quilty friends tonight and no one thought they knew them. Sister Margaret said she would ask her local priest, who is Sligo born and has lived here all his life. I suppose there is a possibility he might have known him. As for the Campbell, though I know it as a Scottish surname, apparently there are a lot of families in the area with that name too.