View Single Post
Old 03-10-2011, 02:16 PM
kwendt

Originally Posted by peggymunday
I think you're probably right about the satiny lining being more of a jacket type lining than a true satin. It seems as sturdy as any of the linings in the purses I've seen in stores and personally own. It was heavy enough not to interface for body and was washed in hot water with the wool (it was still attached at the time) so washing is not a problem. I also suspect the wool jacket wasn't very ancient when it was donated to the thrift store, so age shouldn't be a factor. It was easily manipulated and didn't ravel as much as some satins I've worked with. I feel confident it will make a nice accessory for someone and wouldn't hesitate to use it myself, if I needed yet another purse. (Guess I'm just not a purse collector, my 3 or 4 that I switch between is good enough for me...and you know I'm hard on them. If I think it's strong enough for me, it must be sturdy):)
Ah... I see. Right, makes sense now. It's not the thin lining that's used so often, nor is it so vintage that it's fibres are breaking. The washing probably 'weeds out' any non-sturdy fabrics anyways. Okay... off to the goodwill I go! Thanks!