View Single Post
Old 03-10-2011, 05:59 PM
JudyG

Originally Posted by sandpat
Oh...another thread to check out! I just love pretty threads for embellishing! Can you show us a pic of the heart you did???

Hope you join us djbs! Some will follow the book as closely as possible, then there are others whose quilt is look really different. I'm using dark olive green as my background and turning the blocks on point...so, you can do whatever trips your trigger!
I will post it, but first my disclaimer: This was my very first applique test block. I have learned a lot from doing it. It seems each time I copied over the pattern to make the applique pieces, they grew larger, so even though the appliqued block didn't look too bad and I knew it was going to be somewhat larger than it was supposed to, when I went to add the hearts, they didn't fit like they were supposed to, as you can see from how wonky they are. But I have learned a lesson and will pay closer attention from now on.

On to the thread. I tried the variegated thread and it's really pretty, although I probably will do it with a solid color. It doesn't show up as well on the green as it would if I embroidered on the blue, but this is what I have done for now. It's got a beautiful sheen to it, I guess because it's rayon, and that's one thing I wasn't finding in the embroidery floss that I could find around here. As is usual, it looks a lot prettier in person that it does in the picture.

Wonky Hearts with YLI Pearl Crown Rayon
[ATTACH=CONFIG]116204[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-116199.jpe