Old 03-10-2011, 06:18 PM
susiequilt

Originally Posted by grann of 6
Originally Posted by susiequilt
Originally Posted by grann of 6
And another top done! Here is my latest pinwheel quilt for kids. The backing will be the airplane fabric and wrapped to the front for binding. I am about Pinwheeled out at this point. I have done 80 total, not counting some rejects.
Very nice! The kid will love it. Don't forget to come back and post to help me offer encouragement to all the others.

I got rained out of golf today so I finished my pinwheels!
I ended up only needing 25 since they are 9" finished. I made 4 this morning to take the place of the pink and purples I took out!
I'm taking white on white squares and sewing with a saddle stitch an outline of a 5" star using the pinwheel colors in each square to put between my pinwheels.
That's the final plan subject to change of course.

:-D
Oh you poor thing.... missing golf. I was taking Heidi to the vet for her yearly checkup in monsoon rains. But good news, she is very healthy for her 8+ years on this wonderful earth. And she only gained 1/2 pound in a year. I thought she had gained more; I apologized to her for that. :roll: :roll: :roll:
Anyway I will probably do some more pinwheels with scraps. I got a pack of 90 charm squares that are all neutrals that I may combine with something. I want to see more pics....
We're about 12" short of rainfall so I was glad to see the rain.
I had a two day golf tournament for tomorrow and Sat but I canceled since a cold front is coming though tonight. It will only be about 48 in the morning and only 68 in the afternoon! :-D
Yes, I am spoiled with Florida weather. I love it hot and even play all summer in the heat of the day!
I don't know if Heidi is a dog or cat but I'm glad she's healthy.
I have a wonderful dog I got at a shelter a couple of years ago and my mother's cat.
I was the only one that would take the cat when mom died. She's about 15 I think and showing her age now. I'm not much of a cat person but couldn't get rid of her.

My big idea of the stars in the blocks hasn't worked out yet. The thread keeps breaking and I haven't figured out why yet. I'll keep working on it or come up with a plan B.
I could applique them on but I wanted just an outline. Maybe another stitch would be better.

Today is day 29!

Keep it up everyone!
:-D