View Single Post
Old 03-10-2011, 07:34 PM
Maia B

I have a Horn 3156 that closes up and locks the machine and 4 drawers to the right away from kids (and husbands). It's about 42" x 20" closed and 84" long x 39" deep open. But the 39" deep is only the 42" section around and behind the machine. It was about $1500, including the added drop leaf in back that gives it that depth. It has swivel out bins on the inside of the door that opens to the left, 4 drawers to the right, and all that space. At the time I bought it, I NEEDED to be able to keep both the machine and all the (sharp) supplies locked away from my kids. I also have a Koala desk which doesn't lock or conceal the machine, just has the lift, two drawers to the left, and a shelf underneath those, plus a drop leaf in the back. It's about 55"x20" with the leaf down, 55"x40" with the back leaf up. Nice feature is that there's a matching insert that fills the machine well so that it can be used as a work surface/desk when the machine is down. It was $900. There's a rolling chest to fit under the drawers to the left, but then you can't use the shelf, so I didn't get that. Hope this gives you an idea of space and storage compared to price. Both seem great quality to me. Sewing furniture is pricey, but built-ins weren't right for me. I doubt this will be my last house.