View Single Post
Old 03-10-2011, 08:28 PM
QuiltswithConvicts

OK, I am in a bit of a quanrdry. I have finished 4 blocks (the top row of the center) & I am not exactly thrilled with how my bobbin work came out - it did get a bit better by the 4th block I did - the one shown above. I think I just need to do more of it. The problem is that to practice takes the Razzle Dazzle thread & at $7 a spool for 110 yards, I'm not anxious to waste it on practice. However, if I don't waste it, how am I practicing??? Decided against couching as the foot I would use keeps me from seeing where I should be stitching. Aaagggggh!

I got almost 4 blocks Razzle Dazzled before the bobbin ran out! I doubled up on the outlines around #8 & #9. Looked wimpy with a single line. Will post when I get pics taken.

I am really glad I'm making the original, wall hanging size as the ends of the R/D are nicely tied & trimmed & sticking out all over the backs!!! I had forgotten that I left them on the backs of the other 2 quilts I used them on. :-o

I am also going to assemble them with the reversible QAYG method. I'll take pics before sewing them together, so you can only see one block per photo.