Thread: Brace Yourself
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2011, 08:59 PM
fktsewing

I too am upset about the higher prices of fabric, clothes etc. My thrift stores have gone up in prices too but it is still cheaper than buying in the stores. Ok, now lets take a breath----the economy has not recovered like the government would likeus to believe---if we cannot buy the fabric or clothes, they will sit on the shelves and the store will eventually come to the conclusion that if they want to have customers, they better lower their prices. I am not talking having sales, I am talking lowering prices across the board. It might take some time, but it will happen. This is not like before when jobs were plentiful, this is now, when they are darn scarce. I know we are not spending like before. Only what is needed. I do not go buy tons of fabric just because I like it or I need fabric therapy. I only get what is necessary after I shop my own stash. Same with the clothing. Yes, it hurts us with limited incomes but it is going to hurt the stores far worse before it is over. My Granny taught me to recycle clothing, and a lot of other things. If she could do it, then so can I. Oh, and I totally agree with Lv2Sew2011--if our goverment officials had to live on what we do, it would be a whole different story-----hang in there ladies. We are quilters, we will make it and come out on top