Old 03-10-2011, 10:30 PM
BoJangles

Originally Posted by kwendt
Now THAT'S a machine I'd love to have! (Your machine, that is!) Beautiful. Thanks! That MUST be the greyhound machine I saw referenced. Funny though, that it's actually a later machine...after New Home was bought out by other company's.
Ok you peeked my curiosity, so I have done some research on New Home. Yes New Home was bought out by Free Sewing Machine Company in 1927, but New Home still operated as a subsidiary of Free until 1960. In 1960 the then president of New Home, announced that New Home was purchased from Free by Janome Sewing Machine Co LTd of Japan. I knew that Janome had something to do with New Home, but really didn't understand the relationship until now!

http://www.google.com/search?q=new+h...=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-SearchBox&ie=&oe=&rlz=1I7ADFA_en#q=new+home+sewing +machine+company+history&hl=en&rls=com.microsoft:e n-us:IE-SearchBox&rlz=1I7ADFA_en&prmd=ivns&tbs=tl:1&tbo=u& ei=Ab55TdPOGIXxrAHel-HgBQ&sa=X&oi=timeline_result&ct=title&resnum=11&ve d=0CF4Q5wIwCg&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&fp=a50d8bbb40 89c98a

Here is some history if you want to look.

Nancy