View Single Post
Old 03-11-2011, 06:07 AM
Ramona Byrd

Originally Posted by Pat P
Yes, yor eggs are TOO fresh. Katfish told me after boiling place in ice water.they will peel. Or put some back in the fridge and let them age some. the eggs one gets in the store are older than a week or more.
I read on the Internet about a dating number on eggs, it was a 0 to 365 range, from January 1 to December 31. So on my own egg carton in the fridge that I just bought on March 9, 2011, it says March 31, 2011, which I presume is a pull date. It didn't tell me how old they were at all, but I do know when a friend in the country gives me eggs, they have a high standing, bright yellow yolk and are impossible to get all the shell off when boiled until they are left alone for a couple of weeks in the fridge.
-----------------------------
I read somewhere that they saw a promise that commercial eggs would be LESS THAN THREE MONTHS OLD when they reached the consumers!!!!!
Just googled about eggs and found this.......
-----------------------------
Do you have any idea how old that egg is that you just bought at the supermarket? The truth is that supermarket eggs, even those you find at high-end and speciality grocery stores can literally be months old. Look at the egg recall – it applies to eggs sold between April and August. That’s right! There are eggs sitting on supermarket shelves and in warehouses that were purchased by the store – not yet sold to consumers – in April. Did you realize that you just bought a dozen eggs that have been sitting in storage for at least 4 months? This is not uncommon and has been going on in the egg industry for decades. My mother-in-law was raised on an egg farm in the 1950′s. Her family would store eggs sometimes up to 6 months, waiting for the market price to be right, before selling to broker, who would sell to a store, who would eventually sell to consumers. It still happens today – not once in a while – all the time. Have you ever wondered why farm fresh eggs have plump, bright orange yolks and store bought eggs have a thin, pale yellow yolk? Eggs deteriorate over time and they lose moisture. What you’re seeing in a store bought egg is essentially an egg that is in the process of dehydrating. Yuck – to say the least.