View Single Post
Old 03-11-2011, 06:23 AM
Pat P

Since all my eggs are so fresh-- for salads where you would ususally chop eggs finely I have scrambled the eggs put in microwave cooked then removed and cut up with a knife and you can never tell. Do not put whole eggs in microwave even in water to boil, ask me how I know. Standing at the sink starting to peel a double yolk, the egg started to tremble in me hands and kaboom exploded, it was summer I had on a tank top and before I knew it there was hot bits of egg all over me, DH heard me scream and came running, life is full of lessons to be learned. Ramona has a point, we raised commercial eggs for 20 years, ours were picked up twice a week, it is a while before they reach the supermarkets. For the 1st time in 40 plus years I will be searching out fellow producers to keep the fresh eggs coming. More regulations are coming to commercial eggs while stricter regulations have been in effect for fertile egg producers. We use to be blood tested every month then it went to two weeks. As more and more regulations come into effect bringing with it more labor, down the road it will be reflected in much higher prices.