View Single Post
Old 03-11-2011, 07:37 AM
JudyG

Oh, Elle, I am so sorry about your book. Guess you can be thankful it wasn't your purse. I don't know why people have to do such things. I sure hope your friend in Japan is okay. So much devastation and loss of life.

Thanks all for your compliments on my block. This whole thing is a learning experience for me, but I am certainly enjoying it. I have started doing the applique with the backbasting method and it seems to work out better for me and things are more where they are supposed to be and I don't have to trace all those applique pieces (and end up with them too big). For the backbasting I'm using a heavier thread (machine quilting thread) and a larger needle which makes holes I can see to use as the line for needleturning the applique piece. I like this system.

Thanks, Kathy, on the compliments on my embroidery. As to the needle I used, that YLI thread is very thick so I just found a needle in my pack of needles that had the sharpest point (which isn't really as sharp as I'd like it)with a really big eye and used that. I think it's more than likely a crewel needle, but I'm not sure.

I am really anxious to see your bobbinwork with the Razzle Dazzle. I bought a couple of spools of that and tried to do some bobbinwork a few months ago, but made a total mess of it. Will need to try again at some point.