View Single Post
Old 03-11-2011, 07:46 AM
CoyoteQuilts

Originally Posted by feline fanatic
Originally Posted by CoyoteQuilts
I think that's high. 40 bucks plus 0.388 cents per square inch.... I think most everybody else charges between 0.01 and 0.020 per square inch.

How about you gals that are doing this, am I correct?
No, I believe you miscalculated converting a sq/yard price to a square inch price... OP said $14 per square YARD on anything over queen size. There are 1,296 square inches in a sq yard. So $14 / 1296 = .01 per sq inch. My understanding of the OP is that a queen which standard measure on queen is approximately 93" x 120" is $40. I am taking this measure from standard size of queen batting. Her interpretation of a queen may be different because the top rarely measures as large as the batting exactly.

I understood the OP that anything OVER this size is an additional .01 per sq/inch or $14 per s/yard. Maybe she rounds up to the nearest whole sq/yard but that price is still ridiculously cheap even for a simple end to end meander or panto. It is unheard of for a custom job unless you are getting a "beginners" discount. Kind of like going to a cosmetology school for a discounted haircut. I consider myself a beginner so I am currently charging very little for quilting I do for others. As I gain more confidence, skill and experience I will charge accordingly based on the degree of quilting the client would want such as all over, panto or custom.

Thanks! I thought I wasn't doing the math right!