Old 03-11-2011, 08:32 AM
BKrenning

Originally Posted by cjomomma
Mine looks at me like I am stupid when I try to tell him to do something a certain way. Then he wonders why I just walk away and won't help him anymore. Then comes to find me because his idea didn't work right. I could smack him upside his head when he does that.
Are you sure your husband doesn't have another wife in Missouri?--LOL! I don't even try to tell him better methods any more. I just shake my head & walk away. He knows where to find me when it doesn't work & then usually gripes at me that I should have stopped him before he wasted his time like it was all my fault.

He also tries to re-invent my methods when he catches me working on my projects which can lead to hours or even days wasted while he figures out the perfect tool to make my project easier. Uh, huh. This usually involves several trips to the hardware store, design sketches and me waiting for the weekend to be over so he'll go to work and I can just finish whatever I was working on before Mr. Fix-it decided to make my life easier. I try to only work on my projects while he is otherwise engaged/entertained.

On a positive note: He loves new gadgets so when he wandered into my sewing room one day & saw me cutting circles with a circle cutter--he promptly took possession of it and finished cutting out all the denim circles I needed to make his quilt. My hands & wrists were getting very tired after cutting the first 25 of the 120 I needed.

Also, if I want something done--like cutting a hole in my sewing desk for my machine to fit into--he's rip roaring ready to do it. Especially if it might involve the purchase of a new gadget or tool. They never outgrow the love of new toys!