Old 03-11-2011, 11:27 AM
quiltmaker

Originally Posted by grugirl
I read many posts here that are griping, complaining, arguing, or shaking their virtual heads in disbelief over the price of fabrics. This is exactly why I am building my stash bigger than ever right now. I figure that if I have more than enough fabric than I could possibly need in a lifetime to quilt all the quilts I want to quilt then when fabric becomes $20/yard someday, I will know I paid far less and always had choices from fabrics that initially attracted me.

I would also like to suggest at this time to really feel out all your quilt store options even many miles from home that you normally would not trek to. I recently spent the last 6 months exploring every quilt shop in a 70 mile radius and have gotten to every one but one of them. I have really spent a lot of time comparing their prices. One gal with a fantastic selection of many older designs has far better prices. I usually never pay over 8.50/ yard for new designs but have begun stocking up on lots of her $6.99/yard fabric that I know i will use.

Oh how I agree with you Grugirl....the constant griping, complaining, arguing and sheer astonishment amazes me. It is what it is...and none of the venting changes that. There are still places that sell high quality quilt fabrics for fair prices and then there are the sales. One must be proactive about everything right now and if you're not....it's on you and you have no reason to gripe!