Old 03-11-2011, 03:22 PM
quiltmaker

Originally Posted by bearisgray
When giving an ad (or any topic, for that matter) a title, please be specific and/or descriptive.

For example: I came across a green calico that someone had wanted in November or December - and I can't find the ad again because it said something like "fabric wanted" or "please help"

If the ad had said something like "green floral calico wanted" - I might have been able to find the ad again.

Sometimes one finds what was being looked for days, weeks, or months later - and one would love to be able to tell the original poster "I found it!" - if only one could find the ad again!

You are so right on! I will never understand why people name topics in such ways. It doesn't help them or us. It makes the wonderful search feature a nightmare. It takes such little time to correctly name your topic. Oddly enough it's not just the newer members that do this but also ones that have been here a very long time. Those please help topics especially with specific sewing machines would bring all the members that had that specific machine in droves to help. I think at this point many people just bypass those types of topics as a waste of their precious time. We are all here to help whenever we can but please people be specific and I imagine you'd find a lot more responses to your questions. :-D