View Single Post
Old 03-11-2011, 07:49 PM
fireworkslover

I bought this same model last Sept. I really wanted several features that many machines have: needle up/down, needle threader, scissors, multiple buttonholes, many decorative stitches and some alphabets. I do use these and more than I ever thought I would especially the scissors - like every time I sew. The one thing I find so great is that when you press your foot on the pedal to go, the pressure foot automatically comes down by itself and you can sew right now. When you are in the needle down position and stop sewing, the pressure foot raises up a tiny bit but enough so you can pivot your fabric, if needed, then start sewing again. This one feature is so wonderful! I do like the wide space to the right of the needle. It's very easy to change feet. The last main thing I also wanted was the machine stops when the bobbin thread is almost out. Winding a bobbin can happen several ways from two or three different positions and you don't have to unthread the machine if you don't want to. It's easy to understand the manual, but I highly suggest you to take your class. You'll probably learn some new things. I took my class 4 months after I bought my machine. That was the first time my schedule and the shops jived. It was good tho, because I had some experience with how it works and knew what questions I wanted to ask.