View Single Post
Old 03-11-2011, 08:11 PM
Mamagus

Originally Posted by btiny36
XSQuilter, I have been ordering from connecting threads for a couple of years now and have never been disappointed I'm also from Canada...The only question I always have when I do order from there is the duty/tax they charge me...I've order lots of places out of the US and haven't paid duty yet...but their prices are really good, so I just kinda over look it.
When you order from Connecting Threads they don't collect DUTY but they do collect GST. That's fine with me. I just got a 43.00 order from Clotilde that was hung up at the border for two weeks AND when it arrived I had to pay GST and a 5.00 handling fee. It is worth it to me to pay the GST to Connecting Threads and know I won't have to wait and maybe pay double!

Also to the Canadians who order, you may notice that U.S. orders over 50.00 get free postage? Well Connecting Threads discounts Canadian orders of over 50.00 by the same amount! So if they can post a package for 4.00 to their U.S. customers, they take 4.00 off our postage costs. That's great service in my books.