Thread: What's next?
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2009, 05:23 PM
mpeters1200

Originally Posted by quiltncrazy
good grief! Lol, melissa, (mpeters), I called you Jim'sGem on another post. married you off to someone else. (Not as big a faux pas as I posted yesterday though.:oops:)
Quiltcrazy....I know I have been tired lately, but I didn't realize I was so tired that you called me Jim's Gem. I missed it somewhere....maybe Jim's Gem caught it and looked at her computer all funny.

I had no idea you did it.

The friend of mine has volunteered to "help" me get her kids quilt together. At first I wasn't sure what kind of "help" a non quilter could give...well, I've decided I will take her help for sure.

I dumped all of my smaller cuts of apholstery fabric on the table and she went through and picked 72 pieces for 8 blocks. She needed one more, (and she was organizing it while going through it too as I just had it in the bag) and I put a block together so I can contribute a bit more than thread and time. I've had this apholstery fabric forever so I'm not charging her for it. She's purchasing the backing and binding...oh and batting too. And she's been giving me peptalks while she helps me organize stuff by color. I'm colorblind so it's great having someone who can "see" to help out.

Now, I need to make sure all the pieces are washed and get to piecing!