View Single Post
Old 03-12-2011, 05:05 AM
clsurz

If you are going to buy a die-cutter I highly recommend the Sizzix Big Shot Pro Westminster Edition which is pretty much like the AccuQuilt Studio and costs less than the AccuQuilt Go or AccuQuilt Studio.

I purchased this for $280.00 on eBay from a retailer who I negotiated a price with. It retails for $399. The Studio goes for almost $600 and the Go for almost $350.00.

I chose the Westminister edition because it will use ALL BRANDS of dies to cut fabric with and since I like to do applique and do purchase not just the AccuQuilt dies I also buy alot of the Sizzix, Tim Holtz, etc which cost a whole lot less than Accuquilt dies unless you do alot of research like I do and can find even Accuquilt dies for less than 50% off retail.

I also chose this machine because it will also allow you to cut all sorts of materials from cardstock, vinyl, fabric and much more and it also doubles as an embossing machine.

Only drawback is that this is a heavy machine like the Studio and not something you can just pick up and carry with you so if you are only using it at home I highly recommend you check into this one because of the versality of using every brand of cutting dies out there. It also uses ALL of the accuquilt studio dies on down to the Go and Baby Bug with the exception of the Jumbo and EX-large of the Studio dies but it will take all othe studio dies.

I have seen the Accuquilt Go in action several times and it is a great little machine however the cutting mats do not last has long as the acrylic mats used on the Big Shot that I have.

Now if you intend on taking this machine to school or anywhere else I recommend the Accuquilt Go over the Accuquilt Baby. Why waste money buying the Baby and later updating to the Go and you can get the Go for about what the Baby retails for if you shop around.

You have to consider the type/size dies you want to cut. The Baby only allows a certain size while the Go will take the Baby and Go dies.

If you don't want to be limited to the type cuts/dies I recommend the Sizzix Big Shot which will be similar to the AccuQuilt Go and cost less.

Decide what it is you want it to do than search online and compare these I mention and compare them to the Accuquilt.