View Single Post
Old 03-12-2011, 05:10 AM
Gerbie

Hi all, I need some suggestions for patterns for two different quilts. I do not want them to be the same pattern. I am planning to make each of my two children, daughter and son, both in their thirties a memory quilt for Christmas. I am planning to use photos from infancy to present day of each, with the quotes about daughter and son that I purchased about a year ago on each quilt to go with the pictures. I am thinking I would like to have the photos about 5x7.
I have no problem with the fabric, I plan to use for daughter, it would be in greens her favorite color, and I'm not sure of sons yet, but plan to use from my stash. I have played with the thought of an Attic window design for one and a star design with photo in center for another, but I'm not dead set on the idea for either. Because of their ages, I want them to be something an adult would like in a pattern.
Any suggestions for patterns on these? I really don't want extremely difficult patterns, because I want to get both done by Christmas, along with my other projects. Please ideas everyone. Thanks for your help. Gerbie