View Single Post
Old 03-12-2011, 10:07 AM
Pamela Artman

I do walk around during the day and the physical therapist that works at the hospital where my husband works was kind enough to give me some exercises to do. It's not unusual for a hamstring strain to take up to 8 weeks to heal, depending on the size of the tear, and it's just starting to feel a little better. I'm going to Florida in 2 weeks so I'm really hoping I'm not in agony during the flight! Once I get to Florida, I can kick my dad out of his recliner!!!

Originally Posted by milp04
I'm so sorry to hear about your ordeal. Those leg pains can be quite awful. You're right many don't know of the pain until they go through it themselves.

I hope that you're trying to move about some every day even if just a few steps. If the pain does not improve soon I would check back with the doctor. You may need some anti-inflamatory medicine to help the muscles heal faster. It can be a vicious cycle getting the leg healed and back to full functionality.

I hope you have a speedy recover from this and can get back to the sewing you so miss.

Have a Great Quilty Day!

Pam M