Old 03-12-2011, 06:20 PM
Kappy

Originally Posted by BarbZ
Originally Posted by rob529
What do you mean about turning machine around to face you? To me facing means like you have it when you are sewing. Do you mean having the end of the machine by the needle face you? I need all the help and then more so I want to make sure I am getting this right.
Thanks!
Robin in TX

Turn your machine around to face you. When you look at FMQ set ups like the Flynn or the HQ Sweet Sixteen or the Easy Quilter Track System, the machines are all facing you.
Yes turn it so the needle end is facing you. My husband made me a table to go around it and I have a silicon mat and sprayed pledge on the table top and it works slick. There is a tutorial on hand made quilt tabletops that is really good. Go to search and type in handmade quilting table and i think it will come up. Good luck.
Go to google and type in homemade quilt table, it should be the first one on the list and it takes you back to this quilting board, but when I did a search on this board it did not come up. So try google. If I knew how to get the link here I would, but when it comes to some of the simple things a computer can do, I don't know how to do them!