Thread: What's next?
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2009, 05:52 PM
Mousie
Power Poster

my problems, (I guess, since everything looks good to me, but I have been tested),must be with shades of the lighter greens and yellows and the lighter blues and purples.
The first clue when being tested, (I was 10), were those tests with dots. I don't know what they are called, but I couldn't see anything but dots, nothing in particular. Then they said there was a picture or number or something.
I have seen some and was able to make out a difference in some of the dots, but not a whole picture.
My dad is color blind and I think his is the red and greens. nobody else in family that I know of. I would not have ever known, simply bc you don't know you don't see something exactly the way it looks to you.
To me, I don't feel like I have a problem at all. well, sometimes in fabric stores I ask the clerks about two or three bolts and get them to confirm or whatever. hmmm, hope this doesn't have anything to do with kids reactions to some gifts in past. i don't think so. I think the colors were fine, the sewing was good, maybe they thought the design was 'old'.
oh well, they seem to think and I agree, I have improved immensely. Learning all about quilting and studying books about values, tones, etc. has given me a more refined, or varied taste. Is that an oxymoron? Even if it is, that's me! :lol: