View Single Post
Old 03-12-2011, 09:29 PM
SoftOceanBreeze

It's a beautiful quilt! I am looking forward to getting more "adventurous" and play around with something other than simple square pieces, but it takes a time to develop that trepidation, doesn't it?

I have 9 nieces and nephews and am slowly making quilts for all of them! The 5 babies born in the last 5 years have each gotten one. I just did two "surprise" quilts for the babies born in August and September. I keep getting texted photos of Dylan on his - my step-sister dais he's laid on it every day since they got it. They had no idea I was working on them until they received them in the mail. It makes my heart melt!

I've got lots of projects I've been building and with each one, I find I've got the "fever" for quilting getting stronger! Just found out my step-sister's pregnant with her 3rd - My Dad's TENTH grandkid. I'm the only on that has yet to build a family.

Mom's gonna hang me up by my toes if I don't do hers next, so I've started cutting out 8" denim blocks for what will most likely become a raggy quilt. She lives in San Diego and doesn't need anything heavy!