View Single Post
Old 03-12-2011, 09:37 PM
greensleeves

Originally Posted by bamamama
Could adjusting the tension keep you from seeing colored dots in this situation. My stitches looked pretty good, I thinks it was because the top thread was so much heavier than the bottom thread not to mention the color difference. Thin White on bottom and Heavy Brightly colored varigated on top. I'm not sure I could have made them totally disappear.
I just finished a quilt-jade on light back and natural on front. When I first started I got the pokies so changed the natural on the front for a slightly heavier natural thread to match the back weight and it worked out much better. I have always done same color back and front but this customer asked for those two contrasting colors. She picked it up today and was very happy. I could still see some evidence of a pokie here and there and showed her but she was not bothered and most of those errors go away once the quilt is washed. Still I try to do same front and back just because with the machine going in all different directions you are going to get some variation in tension--usually not noticible with same color thread.