View Single Post
Old 03-13-2011, 04:59 AM
gaigai
Banned

Originally Posted by coffeegirl
I have a good quilting friend and recently we went shopping and I purchased a pattern. It was a $12 pattern with lots of embroidery in it and we both loved it. She works at a quilt shop where there is a large light table and said when it came time to trace my pattern I could come in and use it. When I was there yesterday she asked if I brought the pattern so "we" could start tracing it. It seems she assumed that I would share the pattern with her. I think that if she wants to make her own, she should have have purchased one herself. Am I being selfish? The designer of the pattern deserves her cut too! I am concerned about offending my friend. I know people do this all the time, but it doesn't sit right with me.
Then tell her that you are very sorry, but you can't share the pattern because it would be unfair to the designer and a violation of copyright law. And tell her that you would like to "support" that designer by having as many people as possible buy their own pattern. In other words, "Just say NO".