Old 03-13-2011, 11:18 AM
jdiane318

Originally Posted by debbieumphress
I usually try to do as many as I can afford and time allowing also, so it's usually 4-5. It's somewhere to enjoy, relax and get some UFO's done. I know some take Quilt cruises, and others do retreats. Now I am thinking of the money I spend to "getaway" when I can lock my sewing room door and stay in there. Think of all the fabric I can buy. Thoughts please...
I always went to Illinois for the Project Linus one also but this year it is 596.00 plus travel and rooms. And this is my charity one. So not going again. To me that is money well spent on the charity itself. Prices of everything, going up and up.
Debbie, I felt the prices for the Institute were high, also. As much as I would like to go to one, the cost is prohibitive. I am not comfortable asking my donors to pay for me to go somewhere and you can easily tell that the registrations aren't filling up too fast or they wouldn't have included regular attendees other than chapter coordinators. Then there is the cost of the hotel. My idea of a retreat is when I go to my sewing room and look outside the window at the bird feeders and those darn squirrels pulling the lids off the feeders.