View Single Post
Old 03-13-2011, 12:00 PM
cctx.

Originally Posted by featherweight
Originally Posted by Scrap Happy
Thank you to all of you for your suggestions!! I e-mailed her asking her more questions. The machine is a 3 hour drive from here so I want to learn as much as possible to make sure it's worth the trip.

cctx - I don’t know if the bobbin case is original or not (that’s one of the questions in the e-mail.) Since she said it runs there must be one in it. A bobbin case (original) costs $100 but is hard to find. I think the bobbin case for my FW would fit the 301. Do you know if I’m correct on that?
The Featherweight bobbin case will work. They are about 40.00 on line or on Ebay. Don't pay 100.00 for one. I have one that I would sale in cabinet with attachments and it works wonderful and I would ask 150.00 for it too. Depends how bad you want one I guess. :thumbup:
Yes the FeatherWeight bobbin case should fit the 301, but don't pay the $100 for it.

At the Singer dealership, it's priced at almost $65.00 and that's the bobbin case holder and the bobbin.

Shop around or call your dealership stores in your area.
If you have a Singer dealership in your area, they are supposed to have these items available for the customers.