View Single Post
Old 02-05-2009, 01:33 PM
c2cd2008

Thanks everyone, I love them too. You never know what you will find at auctions, estate sales, yard sales.... Keep your eyes out girls. I gave no more than $20 each for the unfinished toppers. So I have next to nothing in these.

Someone mentioned hand quilting, I did these on the Grace Frame. So no hand quilting LOL I did all of these this past week. Frame quilting is fast and the only way to go! LOL

The dresden is my fav. I still have I think 5 more ???? I will have to count them later.

Getting them from estate sales can be a hidden treasure, other times you end up with a cutter, but even if they are cutters you can get some really nice pieces from them.

The dresden has one TINY spot in it but I wanted to quilt it so bad. I will figure something out for the tiny hole in it. I just couldnt cut it up. I also had never seen a dresden done the way it was.

The plates were each on a white muslin square. In the middle of the square they cut out a circle and then appliqued the plate to the square. It is hard to explain, wished I had taken a picture of that before I quilted it, it was way different than anything I had ever seen.