Old 03-13-2011, 05:05 PM
Ms Elaine Va

Originally Posted by Caroline S
I am caring for my mother who is is almost 93. She is incontinent. She wears depends and a super absorbant pad at night, but still every morning her bed is still soaked.

I am sure that there is some solution to this problem from others that may have had to deal with this. A nursing home is not an option. But it is frustrating to have to do laundry every day.
You are a wonderful person to care for your mother. If you have children you will be an example on to how to treat their parents. I don't have a solution but, maybe limiting liquids at night or check her meds. to see that could be causing the problem. Have you talked to her Dr. about this problem? Somethimes the medication can be changed to AM. Talking to the DR's. nurse sometimes is even more help. This not normal and should be checked, for a cause.
My grandmother lived with us. Mom did not have a dryer it was sheets hanging on wooden dryers all winter. But when my folks were in need I never thought about driving 300 miles (one way) every weekend. Wish I could still go for a visit.
We care for our parents because we remember who they were and what they did for us. It must be very uncomfortable for her at night. Let us know if you find a solution, it could be helpful to someone else.
Let me know how it is going. Hang in there.