View Single Post
Old 03-13-2011, 06:53 PM
Deb watkins

YIKES....as much as I love spring, the warm temps have melted most of the snow, and my basement has become a swimming pool. Rugs all soaked, boxes of scraps drenched, BUT....the packages of the Blocks of the Orient are in a rubbermaid tub so they are SAFE!!! My fabric armoire is up high so that is all safe, but my back is screaming, my legs are shaking and I am sleep deprived. I have been working pretty steadily since 10am on Saturday morning, the shop vac does a good job of sucking the water up, but I have to keep doing it every 15 minutes. There are cracks in the floor where the water just bubbles (yeah, like a little fountain) up through. I didn't see it when it first began because the cracks are under the large throw rug. It wasn't until I went down to sew on Saturday a.m. and noticed the new indoor pool.... :hunf: hubby helped...picked up the 4 boxes of my scraps (used for pillow sutffings) and of course the bottom fell out and scraps were floating around. Still can't laugh about it yet. Have to call off work tomorrow (not to sew - drats) but just to keep ahead of it.