View Single Post
Old 03-13-2011, 08:05 PM
Deb watkins

Originally Posted by Ramona Byrd
So sorry to hear about your water problem. If this is your prime sewing area, I have a suggestion.

UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES DO YOU USE ELECTRICITY AROUND WATER.

That's perfect way for YOU to become a conductor for a lot of power. Unplug everything and take it out of the water zone. And this sounds to me like you're going to have to do some expensive work around there. Like grading the yard away from the house, and putting in DEEP holes in the basement with slotted metal covers over them, under a dry rug, just in case. And perhaps some high shelves built over cement blocks. They can be covered with cement and look not too bad.
Yes, it is my prime area, and when I went down my power cord was sitting in the water. I unplugged everything and just let them dry out. The cords for the fans are off the floor, the dehumidifier is running as well, and the water continues to drip, drip, drip from the rugs that I have pulled up and draped. They are 12 x 16 and they hold alot of water. I did shop vac them first to get up as much as I could....at least the rugs will be rinsed well!