Thread: Housework
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2011, 06:38 AM
Julianna

Originally Posted by Ms Elaine Va
I went to the FLYLADY site and I'm going to start the routine on Monday. I was better at keeping things straight when I had a small child and worked 60 hrs a week. Retirement seems to cause me to put things off. The downstairs "public areas" are always neat and clean. The 2nd floor is messy because we keep the fishing and quilting stuff in the extra bedrooms. Now I'm even overflowing into the nice quest room.
Quilts are nice. BUT, I have to decide what to do with old family pics. etc. I don't want my son to have to go through what my brothers & I did cleaning out our parents house. They had things stashed away where it didn't show but when you have to pull it out and look at everything! It took us almost 2 years of weekends.
<My Grandparents house, barn, chicken coop, coal shed, etc. were full of items saved for years.Grandpa ran the general store in town and when he retired the new owner didn't want "all that old stuff" so Grandpa brought it home. I know what you mean about taking a long time to sort and clear. We also had a great auction. We had to ask other older people what some things were as we didn't know. It was certainly an interesting history lesson. But I am not leaving that chore to my children. If they want something now they get it.