Old 03-14-2011, 08:07 AM
lallyann

LOL! You are right. Non-quilters really don't understand the time involved. I get this all the time... although I am thinking...at least she offered to pay! I have friends and family who want me to throw out a quilt for free all the time. Hmmmm :roll: If I'm gonna give them a quilt its pretty much going to be on my time and whatever I am in the mood to make! LOL! 8-) Cool that you have posted it here though....I am sure there will be some speedy quilter who can help her and then it'll be a win-win for all!!

Originally Posted by debbieumphress
I got a call this morning, abuot 5 minutes ago. And this person, who is really nice, asked me if I could make her two t-shirt quilts with her daughters t-shirts,,, blah..blah..blah... I do not quilt for outsiders for a living, I do them once in a while for friends. Anyway, someone gave her my name.
OK this is not a problem, I tell people, no time frame, when it's done. LOL. SHe wants one full size by April 18th and one by May 18th. I was like "you are kidding". She said, well you have plenty of time. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
SO this lady lives in GLen ROse, TExas. I have her info. If anyone else would like to "play" with her , pm me. I just cannot do it. I know some do but not this chickie doodle. I get too many hitches in my git-along and never know when I will have a broken spoke. YOu know.
Thanks for letting me vent. Whew!!! Does anyone quilt this fast? I can with a regular top but stabilizing, cutting, etc for a t-shirt quilt. May be some good money for someone. She might even mail it if she thought she could get it back on time.
ANy takers. ROFL.