Thread: more quilts
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2011, 09:05 AM
quiltgran2

The star quilt is from a kit. Not my favorite way of quilting but my husband bought the kit for me and one never complains when ones husband buys something. The log cabin is my most recent finished project. The tulip quilt is an old quilt inherited from an aunt through her brother (my father). This is a poignant illustration of why quilt labels are so necessary. This quilt is lacking one so I had no idea who made it, when or where it was made or the block pattern name. I don't think this aunt was a quilter so I've concluded she probably wasn't the maker. Then the mystery is, who did and why? I have since discovered it is called windblown tulips. As you can see it is made only of solid colors and has muslin on the back and was hand quilted. Does anyone have a guess as to when it may have been made. I know the decade when this particular pattern became popular which I won't mention now because I would like to hear your opinions. Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-169706.jpe   attachment-169707.jpe   attachment-169708.jpe