View Single Post
Old 03-14-2011, 10:36 AM
Janquiltz

Just to show I can sew quilts that are larger than mini's.

In the first one, I combined my love of photography and quilting into this one quilt. You might see that I included, at the top right side of the quilt, what I am using (right now) as my avatar. The only photo I didn't take is almost in the center and is a beautiful arrangement of brightly colored mum-like flowers. It was taken by a Usefilm friend from England and is used with permission.

The second quilt was a 2005 Elm Creek Club Block exchange. The 12" (finished) blocks all had to be leaves. The members chose a focus fabric (used for the colors), and wrote down 12 colors. Each month we drew for which color we needed to use in the next month's block. I will tell you that there are not that many pieced "leaf" patterns out there - maple leaves and variations of them. More out there in applique, but there were only three of us that enjoyed applique so not many in the quilt. Each gal made enough blocks for each member to get one. We all chose our own layout, and I had to make some smaller supplemental blocks for mine. Just wished I had taken pictures of the other quilts - all were very different and all beautiful.

Jan's Garden
[ATTACH=CONFIG]169735[/ATTACH]

Fall Frolic
[ATTACH=CONFIG]169736[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-169730.jpe   attachment-169731.jpe