Old 03-14-2011, 02:57 PM
Miz Johnny

Originally Posted by Lostn51
Originally Posted by jan on 446
I am wondering about this machine. I have just gotten bit by the older machine bug. I know this is "Vintage" but for some reason it perks my heart! Will appreciate any suggestions! She asked $175 and I think she would come down. She would have to come down a lot for me!
Seller Wrote
"There's a number pressed in the metal on the bottom front of the machine (when you tilt it back from the carrying case base) which I believe is the serial number. It is 507098. My guess is that it's from the 1940's or '50's.

Other writing reads: Distributed by Necchi Elna Sewing Machine Sales USA

Champion Made in USA Universal Motion Cycles 25-75 Model 24

There is an instruction sheet in a plastic bag, along with several zipper foots (feet?), titled: "Unique Zipper Foot Assembly".

The machine looks clean and in good shape. It's very attractive with the beautiful silver detail against the black. I've never sewn with it, so can't tell you anything about how it works. The case is decent, just not as good looking as the machine itself."
That is a little pricey but the machine is a nice one indeed! i would start out around $65 and go from there I do not think I would go much over that. But Necchi is the Ferrari of the sewing machine world......

Billy
I believe you'll find this to be a Japanese machine distributed by Necchi. But as I've stated before, I could be wrong. LOL!