Old 03-14-2011, 03:39 PM
dsb38327

Originally Posted by lynnie k
My daughter wanted a quilt made for a nurse that orientated her at the hospital.She called me on a Wednesday and needed the quilt on Sunday.She didn't even know what colors the nurse would like. So being a good mom I bought everything and made a quilt Rose ,Greens And pinks I finally finished the quilt Sunday morning at 10:55 am (stayed up till 2:30 to meander it) My daughter came at 11:00 to pick it up. I was so stiff from quilting. Well the nurse loved it And she asked How I knew her color scheme. I will never do it again. They think you can whip them up in a day. How nice am I
I totally relate to your excitement of pleasing your daughter and doing something that was requested as a special favor. I understand the staying awake as long as it takes to get it done. You are to be commended. That is a quilt made from love. Now you can tell your daughter you need a week of her vacation time to clean your house, do your yard/gardening and laundry while you go on a quilting retreat. :). You did a good job, Mom. :thumbup:
Debbie, good decision on your part. I vote for emerald46's solution:
Quote: I would give her this info, since she is in Texas. There are several listings for this service that are in Texas. I know people that have used Texas Tshirt and been very pleased.
www.texastshirtquilts.com
End Quote.