View Single Post
Old 03-14-2011, 05:29 PM
vschieve

Well I have a long ways to go but here is the start of a round placemat. Two years ago in the spring at one of our monthly embroidery club sessions we did placemats to "Celebrate Spring" where we had a bushy/floral landscape fabric which was cut to placemat size. Then we would embroider one dragonfly of choice from the designs by Anita Goodesign, Dragonflies 2. Then we had a cut piece of fiberglass screening from Home Depot same size as placemat, and embroidered another dragonfly. Then of course our backing was cut larger and we put batting in between and FMQ it all together, then folded edges to the front, mitered the corners and wamo, a placemant. OK, here is the concept; you are inside looking out into your yard and see that spring has sprung and a dragonfly is out there, but one has gotten into your house and is on your screen, which is the one on top. So with that concept I made two dining room sets for two separate friends, one lives in Seattle and flyfishes and the other lives here in Austin and is a birdwatcher. So I have completely finished the flyfishing set and it has hung in the closed inside a tote I made to put it all in waiting for her to come to Austin for a visit. I had started the bird set but since she wasn't coming down it became a UFO. So now she is coming for a 4 day weekend and I am deligently trying to finish the bird set. So to give you an idea, here is a pic or two;.

Unfinished of course but this is about where I am at. I have butterfly added since this was taken next to bird on top and screen has a yellow and red dragonfly.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]169948[/ATTACH]

Another take-off from embroidery class where we made coffee designed towel and pocket style pot holder.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]169949[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-169943.jpe   attachment-169944.jpe