Old 03-14-2011, 06:36 PM
vintagemotif

Originally Posted by BoJangles
Well I am very proud of myself tonight. I have been sewing all day! I finished the wonky blue quilt I had started quilting and putting together last fall. I pieced those blocks with my Mother's 1952 Pfaff 130, I quilted the blocks - quilt as you go method - with my Singer 15-88 treadle, I made the binding with my Free Sewing Machine Co. treadle from 1913, I sewed the binding on the quilt with my 1886 Vertical Feed Davis "Betty," and I finished attaching the binding on the back with my 1976, 1222E Pfaff! The last thing I am going to do is put my initials on the quilt with my 1961, 503A Rocketeer!

This is the first quilt I have put binding on with the Davis Vertical Feed! What a blast that was! She actually works!

Nancy

Oh that is Tarzan the Man, my 3.5 pound chihuahua!
Beautiful! Nancy, I love that you shared with us how each machine that you used had a different task in assembling and creating this beautiful quilt. Happy to read that you got your Davis Vertical Feed working for you too. I love seeing the quilts that others create with their vintage machines. Thanks for sharing!