Thread: MQ borders
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2011, 07:43 PM
vivientan

Originally Posted by Holice
Yes you can do more decorative quilting in the borders. I just finished one that I will use in the next QuiltersTV taping. I don't have a picture but can describe it. You can see the stencils at www.quiltingstencils.com
The quilt center is 5.5" squares. I SID those.
The first border finished at 1.5" I used two lines from SCO-274-1.5. The second border finished at a little over 3.5". I used SCO-179-2.5
Both these designs can be quilted with the walking foot which is the reason I choose them. Both had to be adjusted a bit to fit the space. I drew the design and made several copies and taped them together in the space to determine the amount of adjustment needed. Both had to be lengthened less than an inch to fit the space. I marked up to the center of each motif and slid the stencil slightly to make the adjustment consistent. They both quilted quickly and added more interest to the simple squares of the center.
Thanks for the great advice! I have some stencils from www.quiltingstencils.com too. Will check them out to see how I could use them for my borders.