View Single Post
Old 09-20-2007, 05:32 AM
laparshall

We have a very nice quilt shop in our town, it is a little more expensive than I can afford, but the fabric is beautiful. And they don't seem to mind too much when I just come in and browse. Since I can't afford to buy everything that I want for a particular project from there, I buy maybe one cut of the beautiful fabric, and then maybe purchase the rest from Joanns (I don't shop at Wallmart because of the labor issues). The shop has deals that they toss in every once in a while too. Our shop even has small pieces of fabric they call tidbits. They are just a bit smaller than a fat quarter. They sell them for 50 cents each. So I collect some of them whenever I go in.

Last weekend I travelled up north (Traverse City, Michigan) with my husband for a big Union Conference that he had to attend. I was left on my own for most of the day Saturday. I found a quilt shop in the phone book, and from there, was directed to every shop within a 50 mile radius. One place had a wonderful room set up in their store where they offered cookies and tea or coffee. So you could sit down at a lovely table and take a break before you continued you search for the perfect piece of fabric. They had one room devoted to sale items. I bought quite a lot from that room. My point is that they were so friendly, kind and helpful at each of the shops. I will definately go back when I am in that area. Exploring the quilt shops is also very relaxing to me. I think I may have found a new attraction and a great way to spend time while my guy attends his meetings.
Linda