Thread: Pressing seams
View Single Post
Old 03-15-2011, 02:10 AM
quiltmaker

I have my ironing board set at a low position (lower than my quilting table opposite it's place. Then have a smaller table for my work for designing in between them. That way I just swivel my chair around and press as I go along. I have found that it is best for me to press my blocks as I go along so I have no problem with joining them altogether with seams matching. Unlike some I have to do it this way with my arthritis or I would really have problems. I do take walkaround breaks so I don't have the dreaded quilters crunch but there is just no way I could get up and move everytime I had to press or work at my design table. I do move and raise my ironing board when I am pressing my large pieces of fabric. My cutting table is across the room but I get all my cutting done beforehand. I also use the weighted back support to help keep my back in alignment which is a true blessing so I don't hump over all the time. We all just have to find the way that works best for each of us especially when many of us spend hours a day quilting. :-D